Outdoor Gear Rental
Get the Gear you Need to Get Outside
The Adventure Program rents out a variety of outdoor equipment so you can adventure on your own! Rental Desk Staff will help you figure out what equipment you need and show you how to use it.
|Date Range||Sunday||Monday - Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
|8/30 - 10/29||4 - 8 PM||4 - 8 PM||12 - 4 PM||Closed|
|11/1 - 12/13||Closed||4 - 7 PM||12 - 4 PM||Closed|
|1/24 - 3/19||4 - 7 PM||12 - 4 PM||Closed|
|3/28 - 5/10||4 - 8 PM||12 - 4 PM||Closed|
|3 - 6 PM||4 - 8 PM||12 - 4 PM||Closed|
Walk-in Rentals: Current UMD students and RecWell members can visit the Adventure Program during open hours to rent. No reservations are required to walk in, but gear is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reservations: Current UMD students and RecWell members can submit a reservation request through our website below. Note that reservations are not held until payment is received and will be conducted over the phone or in person before your rental. Reservations can also be made in person by visiting the Adventure Program before your rental day.
- Eligibility: Current UMD students and RecWell members are eligible to rent equipment from the Outdoor Rental Desk.
- Waivers and Inspection: All patrons are responsible for completing the Outdoor Gear Rental agreement and will be shown how to use the equipment by student employees. If a patron waives the inspection and set up, they are still responsible as indicated in the policies below. For any stove rentals, patrons are required to complete the Stove Rental Agreement and demonstrate proper use of the stove.
- Late Fee Policy: The standard daily rental rate will be charged for each day the equipment is late; after 10 days a replacement fee will be charged.
- Refund Policy: Refunds for reserved gear must be requested through the Adventure Program Cancellation Form 48 hours prior to rental date and are subject to a $10 processing fee. No refunds will be granted for same-day rentals or unused rental time.
- Cleaning Fee Policy: A $10 cleaning fee will be charged for equipment that is returned with excessive dirt, sand, or other forms of uncleanliness (as determined by Adventure Program Staff).
- Damage / Replacement Fee Policy: Retail price + 10% will be charged for any lost or damaged gear beyond repair as determined by Adventure Program Professional Staff.
Are you a university group or organizing a rental for a group of 10 people or more? You may be eligible for a 20% group rental discount! Contact Alex Gebhart to coordinate your group rental: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Adventure Program Rental Desk is located in the lower level of the Eppley Recreation Center (ERC). The entrance is located on the west side of the building near the Climbing Wall and Lot SS2. If you are facing the front of the ERC, go down the stairs between the ERC and the Outdoor Aquatic Center.
Need directions? Get in touch by phone 301-226-4453