More than a paycheck
Working for University Recreation & Wellness is more than a paycheck! You get to develop important job and personal skills, meet new people, and feel good about helping to build a community of active Terps. As a RecWell student employee, you get to work in an environment that also encourages you to be active and well.
RecWell has over 20 different jobs for students of all abilities and interests. The hiring period for some positions varies throughout the year and depending upon need. However, you can submit your application at any time. RecWell student positions include:
- Adventure Program Desk Staff and Trip Leaders
- Bike Shop Mechanics
- Challenge Course Facilitators and Climbing Wall Staff
- Facility Staff (ERC, Ritchie, and Armory)
- Golf Course Pro Shop
- Group Fitness Instructor
- Intramural Sports Officials and Scorekeeper
- Member Services Representative
- Operations Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Pool Operator, Life Guard, & Swim Instructors
- Tennis Instructor
- Weight/Fitness Staff
Currently enrolled UMD students who are service-oriented, reliable, and have a passion for inspiring others to be active and live well can apply. RecWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in working for University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell).
- We encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience so that you may be considered for our next phase of recruitment during the Fall semester. A member of our student employment team will follow-up with you directly as positions become available.
- RecWell Employment Information Sessions are held each semester prior to interviewing applicants for available jobs in the following semester. Plan to attend one of the information sessions to learn about employment opportunities with RecWell.
Additionally, Intramural Sports is hiring Sports Officials throughout the Fall semester. No experience is necessary, and we'll provide the training. Pay starts at $12.55/hour, and schedules are flexible. Contact Montrell Cade at email@example.com if you're interested or have any questions.
RecWell will be hiring for the 2022 winter/spring semester. Below is information regarding our information and initial interview process:
- RecWell Student Employment Informational Session - November 1 and 2 (More information to come)
- Initial Screening interviews - Week of November 8
Check back in Mid-Oct for more information on this page!