Reserve Space with RecWell
Many RecWell facilities, both indoor and outdoor, are able to be reserved by campus and community groups.
Our facilities have played host to sports tournaments, philanthropy events, student organization programs, community building events, and more. Our reservations team is here to help you through our reservation process to ensure you have a successful event!
Student Organizations & University Departments
All rental requests from UMD student organizations and departments must be entered through our online rental request system, Virtual EMS.
Requests must be made no less than 2 weeks prior to the requested event date.
Step One - Create an account in Virtual EMS (If you already have an account, skip to step 2)
- Select "Request an Account" on the Virtual EMS home page
- Read and follow instructions from there on how to set up an account.
- You will receive an email within 3 business days confirming that your account is active and you can now view/reserve spaces.
Step Two - Log in to your account
- Once logged in you will be able to:
- View past facility rentals
- Browse facilities for availability
- View information about facilities
- Submit a rental request
Step Three - Submit your rental request
Once you have identified a space, date, and time, you can submit your rental request in Virtual EMS.
- Provide as much detail as possible about your event
- Submitting a request does not guarantee availability or confirm a facility reservation.
- A RecWell facility scheduling representative will contact you to confirm availability, discuss pricing, and provide additional instructions for fully confirming a reservation.
- Requests are processed in the order in which they are received – you will be contacted within 3-4 business days of your request.
Step Four - Create your event in TerpLink (UMD student organizations only)
For rental questions and space availability for non-UMD/community groups, please email email@example.com.
Please note: Due to insurance requirements we are unable to book events such as birthday parties and informal gatherings. All non-UMD groups must carry commercial liability insurance to be eligible to rent space.
All facility rental requests must be made no less than 2 weeks prior to event date, no exceptions.
A typical reservation timeline will proceed as follows:
|At least 3-4 weeks prior to event date:||Reservation request submitted|
|At least 2-3 weeks prior to event date:||Reservation agreement completed|
|10 business days prior to event:||Rental deposit paid, all approvals obtained, all known services and furnishings/equipment ordered, and event walk-through scheduled|
|One week prior to event:||Event walk-through completed and any additional services or equipment ordered|
|Day of event:||RecWell staff will support you in having a great event!|
|2-3 weeks after event:||Final event invoice sent to organization|
|30 days after invoice date:||Final payment due in full|
Due to the nature of our internal programs and other campus priorities that we host, University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) takes facility reservations on a semester-by-semester basis. Our facility reservations processes open each year as follows:
|Time Period||First Day to Request|
|Spring semester reservations:||First business day on or after November 15th of previous year|
|Summer semester reservations:||First business day on or after April 15th of same year|
|Fall semester reservations:||First business day on or after July 15th of same year|
Reservation deposits and final invoices can be paid by the following two types of payment methods:
Online credit card payments
Checks must be made payable to “University of Maryland” with your organization’s name and reservation number in the memo area.
Please send all checks to the following address:
University of Maryland, Recreation & Wellness
Attn: Laura Basarich
1115 Eppley Recreation Center
College Park, MD 20742
For credit card payments may take up to 3 business days to process from request and for check payments may take up to 6 weeks.