Access for Everyone
RecWell is committed to providing facilities, programs, services and employment opportunities that are inclusive to the entire UMD community. Programs are designed to allow participation by all. Except for the Reckord Armory (no elevator), all RecWell facilities meet the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) compliance requirements and standards. Guide/aid animals are permitted.
These facilities feature:
- Handicap parking
- Accessible entrances
- Room signs with braille
- ADA-compliant restrooms and showers
- Accessible cardio, weight, and functional training equipment
*Please note, in the Eppley Recreation Center the east elevator (closest to SPH) is currently out of service (August 2021). There is a secondary elevator located close to the main stairwell and accessible to all levels of the building. Accessible entrances are available via the front plaza (facing LaPlata Beach) and the west entrance (facing the Outdoor Aquatic Center).
Your suggestions are welcome. Tell us how we can create a more inclusive recreation environment by contacting email@example.com.
Facility Access for Everyone
- family changing rooms for people with caretakers,
- accessible cardio, weight and functional training equipment, and
- wheelchair accessible spots at outdoor tables.
For questions, contact Chris Topping firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Natatorium Pool (Indoor Instructional Pool) is equipped with water wheelchairs and a ramp.
- The Outdoor Aquatic Center (Outdoor Pool) features a lift.
For questions, contact Natalie Taylor email@example.com
Does not have an elevator. To access the gym or Intramural Sports office through the facility’s rear doors (facing Main Administration), call 301-226-4444.
The lower level of the building is accessible via a ramp located at the southeast corner of the building (facing Public Policy building). Restrooms are located on the lower level.
For questions, contact Jason Hess firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Access for Everyone
Inquire and request accommodations for programs with the appropriate contact listed below.