Located on north campus, adjacent to the Xfinity Arena, this lighted multi-purpose field consists of three regulation flag football fields and two regulation field hockey/soccer fields. RecWell's turf fields are only accessible for programmed activities or with a facility rental.
The turf surface is a 100% rubber infill artificial turf surface manufactured by Fieldturf. The field is purposed for intramural sports, club sports, special events, rentals, camps, and some intercollegiate athletics practice.
RecWell's turf fields are only accessible for programmed activities or with a facility rental.
University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) rules and regulations are designed to promote a safe and pleasurable recreation experience for all. They are not intended to be exhaustive. University Recreation & Wellness reserves the right to prohibit behavior which, in the professional judgment of RecWell staff, may place either patrons or RecWell facilities at risk. All students, RecWell members, and guests are responsible for behaving in a safe and appropriate manner and complying with posted and published rules and regulations for facility use.
The Artificial Turf provides a multi functional lighted field space on the north side of campus. This space is ideal to host a large variety of sport tournaments and practices year round.
Some key rental features include:
- Restrooms located at adjacent softball complex
- Power source available at field
- Various goals (soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, rugby) available as part of rental
- Ability to host events during inclement weather such as rain.
- Only lighted field operated by RecWell
- Ample parking located at field
- Unavailable for rentals during UMD home football game days