Tennis is for all abilities
Tennis lessons are available to UMD students, faculty, and staff, and community members. Tennis is a life skill that can be learned or refined at any age. Our clinics, private, and semi-private classes and lessons are available for individuals 5 years old to adult. You will learn in a safe and fun environment, and we hope you will become a lifelong tennis player. Classes and lessons are held at the ERC Tennis Courts, and all equipment is provided for participants. If you have your own equipment, you are encouraged to bring it with you.
Tennis clinics are great for learning how to play tennis in a structured, cost effective manner. We set the times and the curriculum, and you join your classmates in working towards set goals. Our clinics are one day classes. You can register for one or as many as you prefer. Some classes fill quickly, so it is recommended that you register early to ensure a spot.
Beginner Clinics: new or novice players that want to learn basic techniques and rules of the game.
Intermediate Clinics: looking to improve your footwork, rally, net play, and skills.
Advanced Clinics: looking to play at a more competitive level and learn new strategies when hitting with an opponent.
Private and Semi-Private lessons are 1 hour long and available for those who want to learn in a more intimate, slow spaced, and specific environment. This is a great way to learn the game of tennis or refine individual skills.
- Participants must first complete the lesson preference form and then lessons are scheduled with your instructor.
- Those wishing to have semi-private lessons must find their own co-participant(s) and all participants must complete the preference form before an instructor is assigned.
- Semi-Private Lessons is for two and not more than three participants with similar playing skills/ability with one instructor.
- Payments should be made once your instructor has been assigned.
- Note: We encourage you to review in advance the sporting events schedule (parking limitations) when submitting your preferred days. This will assist both you and your instructor when scheduling your lessons.
Currently we are not accepting new lesson requests.
Registration & Payment
|Lesson Type||UMD Student/RecWell Member||Community Member|
|4 Private Lessons
8 Private Lessons
12 Private Lessons
|4 Semi-Private Lessons
8 Semi- Private Lessons
12 Semi-Private Lessons
- Sign In, or Create an Account
- New users must create an account.
- If you have forgotten your login credentials please call 301-405-PLAY (7529). (new users only)
- Select Instructional Programs.
- Select Tennis.
- Find the appropriate clinic/lesson package, and select Register.
- Add the clinic/lessons to your cart. Please make sure the correct person is being enrolled in the class/lessons.
- Select Continue Shopping or Continue to Cart.
- Ensure the correct person is enrolled in the correct class/ lesson. Input payment information. Select Submit Payment.
- Print and sign the waiver and bring it with you to class/lessons. We will also have copies on site for your convenience.
- You must complete your interst form and receive an assigned instructor, prior to payment for private/ semi-private lessons.
Make Up Policy
- Lessons must be cancelled no less than 24 hours in advance with the instructor in order to reschedule.
- Private & Semi-Private lessons are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Unused lessons will expire six months from the date of purchase.
Course Cancellation Policy
- RecWell may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
- If a course is canceled by RecWell, participants will be given the option of a different class time/date or may receive a full refund
- Refunds will be evaluated on a case by case basis
- Refund requests originated by the participant are subject to a minimum $10.00 processing fee (4 or fewer business days in advance of the class start date)
- Refund requests submitted after the first class has met are subject to a 50% reduction
- Refund requests submitted after the class has met two or more times are not eligible for a refund
- In the event of a documented medical condition, you may be eligible for a pro-rated refund