NIRSA National Basketball Tournament
Welcome to the University of Maryland
The University of Maryland and University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) is excited to welcome participants, staff, and officials from across the country to College Park, MD for the NIRSA National Basketball Championship, April 14-16, 2023.
All registration is completed through NIRSA and IMLeagues. Please visit the NIRSA website for details on registration and eligibility.
April 3: Registration Closes on IMLeagues
April 5: Scanned copy of Player Certification due to: email@example.com
April 10 and 11: Captains and Coaches are required to attend one of the following meeting times:
April 10th at 5:30pm EST Click here for Zoom link
April 11th at 4:30pm EST Click here for Zoom link
April 14: The Hotel (lobby) noon-2pm
7777 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
**All teams should be ready to begin play at 4pm**
April 15: Play continues for all divisions
April 16: Timing for final games will be released with the official schedule, however, we plan to be completed around 4pm.
Awards ceremony to follow each divisions finals
*Please Note – the tournament format, number of games, and game length may change due to a team not showing up or circumstances beyond our control.
Final game schedules will be provided to each team the week of the event.
A note about parking on the University of Maryland campus: Parking on the University of Maryland campus is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Parking tickets are the sole responsibility of vehicle owners and cannot be voided or otherwise negated by RecWell, UMD, or NIRSA tournament staff. Before parking your vehicle, please check posted parking restrictions.
Parking at the Eppley Recreation Center: The closest parking for this facility is at metered parking to the southwest and southeast of the building (approximately 2 minute walk). Additional parking in Terrapin Trail parking garage (Lot 6) is available after 4pm on Friday, all day Saturday, and Sunday.
Parking at the Reckord Armory: The closest parking for this facility is at metered parking at the UMD Visitors Center (approximately 2 minute walk). Additional parking in Lot L is available after 4pm on Friday, all day Saturday, and Sunday.
Ritchie Coliseum (all championship games played at this venue)
Parking at Ritchie Coliseum: Please note, there is significant construction on the roads and parking lots surrounding this building. Please allow additional time to travel to and find parking for this venue. The closest parking for this venue is at the UMD Visitor’s Center (approximately 6 minute walk). Additional parking, in a limited capacity, is available in Lot J2 after 4pm on Friday, all day Saturday, and Sunday.
Please inform family and friends coming to College Park that we will have an admission fee for all spectators ($10 per day or $25 for the weekend). Players will be required to show jersey and coaches will be given passes during team check-in.
For anyone, including players and coaches, who wish to utilize the weight/cardio/aquatic spaces of any RecWell building, an additional day pass may be purchased through the RecWell website. The day pass will be sold for a rate of $10/day or $25/weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday.)
To set up your account for purchase:
1. Click create an account. Enter a valid birthdate and email that you will use for purchase confirmation and fill in the remaining part of the form.
2. In the left side navigation bar (hamburger icon) click on special access pass.
3. Under the special event subheading you will be able to add a day or weekend pass to your cart for checkout.
All passes will be issued at event registration.
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport- DCA (20 miles)
- Located about 35 minutes south of University of Maryland, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is accessible via car (rental, taxi, uber/lyft, etc) and DC metro.
- Metro- Due to stoppage of service on the yellow line, from DCA take the blue line (direct access at airport) to the stop at L’Enfant Plaza then transfer to the Green Line. The Green Line goes directly to the city of College Park- get off at College Park- U of MD stop. At the College Park metro stop, there is a UMD bus available (click here for info on schedule).
- To get back to DCA, take the green line from the U of MD stop to L’Enfant Plaza and transfer to the Blue line, which will then go to DCA.
Baltimore-Washington International- BWI (23 miles)
- Located about 35 minutes north of the University of Maryland, Baltimore-Washington International Airport is accessible via car (rental, taxi, uber/lyft, etc.) and MARC train.
- MARC- The MARC (Penn Line) runs from BWI to New Carrollton and Union Station- both nearby the university.
- Take the MARC to New Carrollton and then get on the WMATA bus F6 and get off at the Campus Drive, Union Lane stop or uber/lyft from the station to campus.
- Take the MARC to Union Station (DC) then get on the red line towards Glenmont. At Fort Totten, exit the red line and transfer to the green line towards Greenbelt. Three stops later, get off at the U of MD, College Park metro station. At the College Park metro stop, there is a UMD bus available (click here for info on schedule).
Dulles International Airport- IAD (35 miles)
- Located about 50 minutes away from the University, Dulles International Airport is accessible via car (rental, taxi, uber/lyft, etc.) and Metro.
- Metro- Take the Silver Line from Dulles to L’Enfant Plaza where you will transfer to the Green Line, which then will take you to the U of MD, College Park after 11 stops. At the College Park metro stop, there is a UMD bus available (click here for info on schedule).
7777 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
3501 University Blvd E, Hyattsville, MD 20783
9020 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
8321 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
8419 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
9113 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
University Health Center
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Hours: The University Health Center is open from 8:00am-7:00pm Monday-Friday (limited services after 5:00pm), from 11:00am-3:00pm on Saturdays, and CLOSED on Sundays.
Express Healthcare- College Park (Urgent Care)
4701 Melbourne Place
College Park, MD 20740
(301) 450- 5631
Hours: 8:00 am- 10pm Monday -Friday, 9am-7pm Saturday and Sunday
Holy Cross Hospital
1500 Forest Glen Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
For questions related to tournament eligibility, registration, or payment, please contact Nicole Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
For other questions, please contact the University of Maryland tournament planning team at email@example.com