Group Fitness & Small Group Training
Making Movement Fun!
Train with others through a wide range of small and large group classes focusing on mind-body, strength, cycling, dance, martial arts, and more! All classes are led by certified instructors and coaches, and are inclusive of all levels of experience.
Group Fitness + Small Group Training FAQs
Group fitness classes are included in student fees and in all paid RecWell memberships. The free Limited Access Membership for faculty/staff does not include group fitness classes.
During the fall 2021 semester you will need to register for all in-person group fitness classes. Registration for classes opens at 8am the day before scheduled classes.
Yes. Our group fitness waiver is embedded in our IMLeagues reservations system, and you will be prompted to sign it upon registering for your first class.
If for some reason IMLeagues is not working properly, or you are participating in a private or specialty class, please sign the group fitness participation waiver here.
- It is suggested to bring a water bottle and a personal yoga mat to classes.
- Athletic shoes are required for all classes except yoga and barre.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. Exercising in jeans will not be permitted.
- Due to space constraints, we do not allow bags/jackets into our group fitness and small group training spaces (except Regents). Please secure these in a personal locker. Locks can be checked out for free at the ERC Equipment Issue Desk or the front desk in Ritchie Coliseum.
- Face coverings are required for all participants.
Group fitness classes are held in three different facilities: the Eppley Recreation Center, Regents Drive Garage, and Ritchie Coliseum. Please check the schedule and IMLeagues for the latest class information on where a class is scheduled to be held.
To access the Regents Drive Garage studios, enter the building on the side that faces the Physical Sciences building. There is a sign on top of the door that indicates RecWell Fitness Studios are there. Once inside, go down the stairs, through the door, and down the ramp to the left. The studios are behind the locked door, which opens 15 minutes before classes are scheduled to start.
Yes. Private group fitness classes can be requested by registered student organizations or UMD departments. The cost of private classes is based on organization status and requested location. Private classes in RecWell facility spaces need to be requested at times that do not conflict with regularly scheduled group fitness classes.
Please request your private class here.