Group Fitness & Small Group Training
Making Movement Fun!
Train with others through a wide range of small and large group classes focusing on mind-body, strength, cycling, dance, martial arts, and more! All classes are led by certified instructors and coaches, and are inclusive of all levels of experience.
Prior to registering for your first group fitness class, you will need to add the complimentary group fitness membership to your account.
- Please visit activerterp.umd.edu and log in using your UMD single sign on information.
- Click on memberships and add the Group Fitness Membership to your cart.
- Sign the group fitness waiver.
- Go to your cart and check out. There is no fee for this membership..
Group Fitness + Small Group Training FAQs
Group fitness classes are included in student fees and in all paid RecWell memberships. The free Limited Access Membership for faculty/staff does not include group fitness classes.
Yes, you will need to register for all group fitness classes using the UMD RecWell app or at activeterp.umd.edu. Registration for classes opens 24 hours prior to the class beginning. Before registering for your first class, you need to add the complimentary group fitness membership to your account. Here are the steps:
- Go to activeterp.umd.edu and log in using your UMD single sign on information.
- Click memberships and add the Group Fitness Membership to your cart.
- Sign the group fitness waiver.
- Go to your cart and checkout. There is no fee for this membership.
If you are no longer able to attend your class, please follow the instructions below to remove your registration. Please be aware that your cancellation must take place one hour before the class begins.
- Select your profile in the upper right hand corner of the activeterp.umd.edu website.
- Select "Program Registrations"
- Identify the class that you wish to cancel for under "Program Registrations"
- Select the three dots on the right hand side of this class to open details and cancel your class.
- It is suggested to bring a water bottle and a personal yoga mat to classes.
- Athletic shoes are required for all classes except yoga and barre.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. Exercising in jeans will not be permitted.
- Due to space constraints, we do not allow bags/jackets into our group fitness and small group training spaces (except Regents). Please secure these in a personal locker. Locks can be checked out for free at the ERC Equipment Issue Desk or the front desk in Ritchie Coliseum.
We offer many different types of group fitness classes. A list of class descriptions is linked below.
Please note cycle classes are conducted in a dark atmosphere with moving color lights. Individuals with any type of light sensitivity are encouraged to talk with the Coordinator of Fitness Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if there are modifications that can be made or alternative classes available to fit the individual's needs.
Group fitness classes are held in three different facilities: the Eppley Recreation Center, Regents Drive Garage, and Ritchie Coliseum. Please check the schedule and IMLeagues for the latest class information on where a class is scheduled to be held.
To access the Regents Drive Garage studios, enter the building on the side that faces the Physical Sciences building. There is a sign on top of the door that indicates RecWell Fitness Studios are there. Once inside, go down the stairs, through the door, and down the ramp to the left. The studios are behind the locked door, which opens 15 minutes before classes are scheduled to start.
Yes. Private group fitness classes can be requested by registered student organizations or UMD departments. The cost of private classes is based on organization status and requested location. Private classes in RecWell facility spaces need to be requested at times that do not conflict with regularly scheduled group fitness classes.
Please request your private class here.