- Add Your Program to the Cart: Once you’ve decided on your trip date and activity, select the “Add to Cart” button. You will then be directed to provide us with some additional information. After answering the questions, click the “Continue” button. Select the “Checkout” button and it will direct you a log-in page for the online registration system.
- Create an Account: You will be prompted to log-in to the University Recreation and Wellness (RecWell) online program registration system. Since you are brand new to the university, you will need to create an account. Select the “Create an Account” button on the right side of the page. Enter your name, e-mail address, and zip code. Select the “Next” button. On the next page you will see a box titled “Online Account (No Fee).” Select the “Join Now” button in the box to create your free online account.
- Enter Online Account Information: After you join, you will be prompted to enter additional information about yourself. Please note that as a UMD student, you are the head of the account. Because RecWell offers programs for youth, there is an option for multiple members to be linked to one name so that a family can manage one account. You will then create a username and password. Please note this username and password is unique from any other UMD password you may have. Finally, accept the online agreement and select the “Next” button.
- Account Summary: You will be directed to a page that says account summary and shows a total of $0.00. Select the “Process” button to complete your online account creation.
- Proceed to Cart & Payment: Select the “Proceed to Cart” button where you’ll be directed to your cart. Your T.E.N.T.S. registration will be in your cart. Enter your payment information, select the “Submit Payment Button” and you are all set!
Update July 2, 2020: Despite Prince George's County entering the Phase 2 of reopening protocols, RecWell facilities are NOT scheduled to reopen at this time. RecWell continues to follow the direction of University health officials in determining a schedule for reopening.
The Adventure Program is now offering curbside outdoor equipment rental. For more details visit: go.umd.edu/outdoorequipment
Reopening plans will be shared on the following website as they become available. recwell.umd.edu/keepmoving
Honors College T.E.N.T.S.
Terrapin Expeditions for New & Transfer Students
Terrapin Expeditions for New and Transfer Students (T.E.N.T.S.) is a great way to meet other incoming Terps and build relationships before the semester even begins. Trained trip leaders will teach you outdoor skills and facilitate activities and dialogue focused on your transition to college. Each trip will focus on promoting personal growth, self-confidence, and relationship building through an adventure setting. Jump start your college experience with a T.E.N.T.S. program!
Contact: Amanda Preperato, Assistant Director email@example.com, 301-226-3078
Supplement your Honors College summer Orientation with a three or four day adventure experience! All of these adventures are designed exclusively for new students in the Honors College.
If you are in need of financial assistance in order to participate on an adventure trip, you can apply for funding from the Adventure Program Access and Enrichment Fund. The fund was created to cover full or partial adventure trip registrations for students who need financial assistance. Our hope is to provide more Terps with the opportunity to get outside and experience the wellness benefits of physical activity and spending time in nature.