University of Maryland Golf Course
University of Maryland Golf Course
Located just across University Boulevard from The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, the University of Maryland Golf Course is a full-service, year-round, 18-hole, golf course with a driving range and several practice greens. In addition to regular golf course play, the University of Maryland Golf Course hosts many golf outings, club tournaments, golf camps, and golf clinics throughout the year.
- 18-hole and 9-hole rounds of golf, walking or riding
- Get Golf Ready clinics
- Golf lessons – private and playing lessons
- Junior Golf League and camp
- Golf tournaments and competitions
- Intramural Golf (fall semester only)
- Golf outings
The University of Maryland Golf Course is open to the public. Memberships are available for frequent users.
Golf Course Rules
- Players are required to obey all posted cart rules.
- All players must register in the golf shop prior to teeing off. Please keep your receipt in your possession at all times while on the course.
- Appropriate golf attire is required. This includes pants or bermuda length shorts, collared shirts, and appropriate footwear (metal spikes, flip flops, and other open-toed shoes are prohibited).
- Rain checks will only be given when raining and with receipt present; no rain checks will be given after making the turn.
- Each player must have at least 5 golf clubs and a bag. Rental sets can be purchased in the golf shop.
- Singles and two-somes are subject to pairing at any time.
- Outside food and alcohol are not permitted on the golf course.
- Animals are not allowed (except service animals).
- No running/exercising on the golf course or path while golfers are playing.
Practice Facilities and Driving Range
- There is no dress code for the driving range, but appropriate footwear is required for the practice greens (metal spikes, flip flops, and other open-toed shoes are prohibited).
- Outside food and alcohol are not permitted on the practice areas.
- The grass tees and practice areas are reserved to the Maryland Golf Teams and are not open to outside use.
- Patrons are required to obey all posted rules on the practice facilities and driving range.
- Some spaces are reserved for only individuals with a Campus License Plate, Registration, or Permit. This is a 24-hour restriction.
- Some spaces are reserved only for individuals who are Friends of the Golf Course and have the appropriate permit displayed.
- Golf Carts are not permitted in the parking lot.
Parking on campus is regulated by UMD’s Department of Transportation Services. Regulations vary based on time of year, time of day, type of parking permit, and special events/construction projects. We recommend viewing DOTS’ parking maps for current accommodations and restrictions.
- 150 acre 18-hole, par 71 golf
- courseDriving range with over 40 hitting bays
- 6 target greens, 3 practice greens and 2 practice bunkers (fairway and greenside)
- 1,583 sq. ft banquet room with direct access to covered patio located on the upper floor.
- 1,477 sq. ft restaurant and bar located on the upper floor.
- 923 sq. ft pro shop with complete line of golf equipment, apparel, and accessories located on the ground floor.
- 272 sq. ft conference room with capacity for 10 attendees located on the ground floor.
- 2 locker rooms located on the ground
- floorLockers available for rental annually
- Lounge area with couches
- Bag storage area with storage available for rental annually
- Concession stand open daily
- Wi-Fi internet access in Clubhouse
The University of Maryland Golf Course offers excellent outing packages year-round on our spectacular championship course.
For non-golf events, the catering department at the clubhouse offers a variety of venues and menus for your dinner, conference, reception, retreat, or special event. Our venue features:
- Large on-site parking lot
- Conference room available for rental; room capacity 10 attendees
- Portable PA system for announcements, background music
- Event tents and tables for outdoor picnics or festivities