The ERC Natatorium will be operating under modified hours Tuesday, November 12 - Sunday, November 17 for the International Swim League event.
Tuesday, November 12 - Sunday, November 17 Sauna and Steam Room are closed.
Wednesday, November 13 - Thursday November 14 the ERC Instructional and 50M pools will have limited availability (1- 10 lanes) throughout the day. Please call 301-226-4443 for availability.
Friday, November 15 - Sunday, November 17 ERC Natatorium Closed.
Located in the Eppley Recreation Center, the Natatorium serves as one of the premier indoor swimming complexes in the region. The Natatorium serves as the primary lap swimming venue for UMD students and RecWell members. This facility also has the ability to host large-scale swim meets and dive competitions along with other aquatic activities such as log rolling tournaments, water based obstacle courses, and water polo. The shallow instructional pool allows for diverse programming such as learn to swim courses and kayak roll clinics.
- Lap swimming
- Dry land workout (stationary bikes and pull up bars)
- Kayak training
- Water basketball
- Swim lessons
- Swim meets
- Water polo (club)
University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) rules and regulations are designed to promote a safe and pleasurable recreation experience for all. They are not intended to be exhaustive. University Recreation & Wellness reserves the right to prohibit behavior which, in the professional judgment of RecWell staff, may place either patrons or RecWell facilities at risk. All students, RecWell members, and guests are responsible for behaving in a safe and appropriate manner and complying with posted and published rules and regulations for facility use.
50 M Pool
- 50m x 25y all deep - water pool
- Depths range from 8 to 13.5 feet
- Temperature maintained at 78-80 degrees
- Dive Well
- Two 1m diving boards and two 3m diving boards
- 25y x 25y pool with a zero-grade handicap ramp
- Depths range from 3 to 4 ½ ft
- Temperature maintained between 85 and 86 degrees (except during events)
- Serves as warm up space during large swim meets
- 1,300 sq feet
- Audio/Visual with smart classroom technology
- Carpet square flooring
- Steam room
- Spectator seating with concessions
- Men’s, women’s, family and all-gender locker rooms
- Movable bulkheads to allow for 50m and 25m lane configurations
- LED competition lights with brightness control
- Two wet/dry classrooms located with pool deck access and smart classroom technology
The Natatorium has the ability to host a variety of large and small events from swim meets to summer camps.
Due to the high volume of usage of this space, availability is very limited. For more information about rentals for the Natatorium, please contact the RecWell Facility Scheduling Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-226-4404.