Located on Baltimore Avenue between Turner Hall and the North Gate entrance, this renovated facility consists of a competition caliber softball field and multi-use fields that accommodate club sports activities such as softball, ultimate frisbee, intramural sports programming, special events, and free play opportunities.
This site is the “front lawn” of the University and is adjacent to the main entrance to campus and administration buildings housing the President’s offices and the Student Affairs administrative offices.
- Field hockey
- Ultimate frisbee
- Free play activities
The Engineering Fields are accessible to the public unless reserved by a group.
University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) rules and regulations are designed to promote a safe and pleasurable recreation experience for all. They are not intended to be exhaustive. University Recreation & Wellness reserves the right to prohibit behavior which, in the professional judgment of RecWell staff, may place either patrons or RecWell facilities at risk. All students, RecWell members, and guests are responsible for behaving in a safe and appropriate manner and complying with posted and published rules and regulations for facility use.
- 8+ acres grass field complex
- 1 multipurpose field with various field configurations including full size rugby or soccer field
- 1 softball field with built-in backstop and outfield that can accommodate full size lacrosse, soccer, ultimate, and field hockey field
- Power source at fields
- Sand-based grass field
The Engineering Fields are one of the premier grass fields in the area. With a Bermuda grass base, these fields are ideal for a variety of sporting events and rentals. Space is limited as these fields serve as one of the primary home event locations for the Club Sports program. The field can be lined to fit a variety of sporting events as well as utilizing the outfield of the softball field for additional field space.
Some key rental features include:
- Various field paint and markings available (additional fees)
- No restrooms on site; groups can arrange usage of restrooms at nearby facility, Reckord Armory, or portables to be placed at the field
- Grass fields are subject to closures due to weather especially rain
- Field closed Jan 1st - end of Spring Break each year for maintenance and repair