Located in Cole Fieldhouse (room #0249), The RecWell Bike Shop is a student-powered bike shop providing free bike repair and education for all UMD students, faculty, staff, and RecWell members. The shop also rents commuter and mountain bikes, hosts bike maintenance classes and group rides, and has a limited inventory of bike parts and safety equipment for sale.
- Six bicycle work stands
- Four work stations, each with their own set of basic tools
- One advanced-repair work station with specialty tools and truing stand
- Free parts bins
- Repair and maintain your bicycle
- Learn bike repair skills from RecWell Bike Shop mechanics
- Rent a hybrid or mountain bike
- Purchase bicycle parts and safety equipment
- Take a bike safety or maintenance clinic
- Register your bicycle
- Donate your bike to a local non-profit
- Recycle old tube, tires, and metal parts
- Participate in a group ride
Any current UMD student, faculty, or staff member can utilize the services of the RecWell Bike Shop. Services are also available to all other RecWell members. A valid UID or RecWell membership card is necessary to utilize the Shop’s services.
Access is only allowed during the RecWell Bike Shop’s posted hours. The shop is only open when fall, spring, or summer classes are in session (closed for winter break, spring break, etc.). The shop may close for special events or holidays.
Parking on campus is regulated by UMD’s Department of Transportation Services. Regulations vary based on time of year, time of day, type of parking permit, and special events/construction projects.
The closest visitor parking lot to the RecWell Bike shop is Union Lane Garage. Accessed from Union Lane directly across from the West entrance to the Stamp, parking is available in this lot at a rate of $3 / hour. You may pay by cash or credit / debit card at any of the digital pay stations around the lot. We recommend viewing DOTS’ parking maps for current accommodations and restrictions.
This facility is not available for rent.