- Log in, or create an account (new users only).
- Select Program Registration/Camp.
- Select Appropriate Program Category.
- Find the appropriate class/lesson package, and select View Programs.
- Add the class/lesson package to your cart. Please make sure the correct person is being enrolled in the class/lessons.
- Select Continue Shopping or Continue to Cart.
- Ensure the correct person is enrolled in the correct class/lesson. Input payment information. Select Submit Payment.
Instructional & Summer Camp Programs Open to the Community
RecWell Community Programs provide opportunities for anyone interested in learning new skills or building on existing skills (swimming, tennis, safety, lifeguarding, etc.). Students, faculty/staff, alumni, and community members may participate in these non-credit courses, and their children may enjoy our summer day camp (TERP Quest). Fees are charged for each.
Swimming is a life skill that can be learned or refined at any age. At RecWell, we want every individual to be able to enjoy swimming and to be safe in, on and around bodies of water. Our classes and lessons are available for ages 6 months to adult. Some of the benefits of swimming include: improved cardiovascular health, improved mood, relief of joint pain, and decreased risk of drowning.
Improve your safety skills by taking a RecWell class. We offer American Red Cross courses for teens and adults in Adult and Infant/Child CPR/AED, Babysitting, First Aid, Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor, and more.
Learn to play tennis or advance your tennis skills with these courses offered early fall and late spring. Open to students, faculty/staff, and members of the community. Private lessons also available.
TERP Quest is a summer day camp program designed to provide elementary school aged children with varied recreational and educational experiences in a fun and safe environment. Offered for 6 or 7 weeks each summer, campers enjoy cooperative and competitive games, rock climbing, swimming, arts and crafts and exploring the UMD campus.
Participants who have registered for a RecWell course but wish to transfer to a different course may do so by contacting Mary Mires at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer requests must be made a minimum of 5 days prior to the start of the course you wish to transfer from out of and the one you wish to transfer into.
A full refund will be issued if RecWell cancels a course.
All refund requests for Community Programs (non-aquatic classes) must be submitted in writing to Mary Mires at email@example.com.
- For traditional classroom courses, refund requests must be submitted a minimum of 5 business days in advance of the first class meeting date.
- For blended learning courses (web-based), refund requests must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days in advance of the first class meeting date.
Refund determinations are made on a case by case basis.
General Guidelines for Refunds:
- Refund requests received after the stated deadlines above, but before the first class meeting, are subject to a $10 processing fee.
- Refund requests received after the first day of class (in a multiple-day class) is subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- Refund requests received after a class has been held for two or more days OR after the class has ended, are not eligible for a refund.
- An absence due to a documented medical condition, may be eligible for a pro-rated refund.