Your go-to spot on campus for all your biking needs
The RecWell Bike Shop is a student-powered bike shop providing free bike repair and education for all UMD students, faculty, and staff. The shop also rents commuter and mountain bikes, hosts bike maintenance classes and group rides, and has a limited inventory of bike parts and safety equipment for sale.
The RecWell Bike Shop is located in Cole #0249. Enter Cole through the entrance on the east side of building at the top of Union Lane Parking Garage.
|Monday - Friday||12:00 - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
- Patrons are only allowed in allowed in the shop to make a payment, rent a bike, or for quick service.
- Patrons who are using our contactless repair service are responsible for the locks used in drop-off and pick-up and are responsible for any loss or damage of said locks ($20.00 charge).
- Bikes that are ready for pick up from repair service must be retrieved within 72 hours of contact. If you cannot retrieve your bike within that time frame, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Bikes not retrieved will be issued to DOTS for impounding.
The RecWell Bike Shop rents bikes by the day, week, or semester. All UMD students, faculty/staff, and RecWell members are welcome to rent bikes through the Bike Shop. Rental bike returns are due back by May 11. Renters may either return the bikes to the shop during our operating hours or they may lock the bikes outside of the Bike Shop at the racks and send an email to email@example.com to confirm the return.
|Bike Type||1 Day||3 Day||7 Day||Semester*|
(Fuji or Trek 21- or 24-Speed Hybrid)
(Fuji Hard Tail)
*Limited quantity of mountain bikes available during October
All rentals include rental of a U-lock.
Patrons are responsible for returning rental bikes in the same condition as they were when they were rented out. Additional fees may be charged if cleaning or repair are required. A replacement fee ($250.00 for hybrids / $600.00 for mountain bikes) will be charged for lost or stolen rental bikes.
Bike Rental Procedures:
Submit your rental request using the button below. Come to the bike shop during our hours of operation to pay for and pick up your bike.
- Flat tires or air in tires
- Reattaching wheels
- Putting the chain back on a bike
- Brake adjustments
- Handlebar or seat adjustments
- Tightening a bolt
- Light shifting adjustments
- Quick diagnosis of technical issues
- ABC Quick Hand checks
Project Hours Schedule:
|6:00 - 7:00 PM||6:00 - 7:00 PM||6:00 - 7:00 PM|
The RecWell Bike Shop has a limited amount of parts and safety equipment for sale. Visit the bike shop during our operating hours to make a purchase. We cannot guarantee that we can install any components during that time.
|Tube||$7.00 - $8.00|
|Brake Pads||$7.00-$9.00 / set|
|Cable Housing||$1.00 / foot|
|Chain||$12.00 - $16.00|
|Platform Pedals||$10.00 / pair|
|Left Crank Arm||$15.00|
|MC30 Multi Tool||$22.00|
|Planet Ozone Frame Pump||$13.00|
|Park Patch Kit||$7.00|
|Bike Cleaning Spray||$15.00|
|Pedro's Tire Levers||$3.50|
|Crank Bros Multi-17||$26.99|
|Rema Patch Kit||$3.50|
Prices do not include 6% Maryland sales tax.
The RecWell Bike Shop hosts a variety of bicycle maintenance clinics. Check our Clinics page for the clinic schedule.
The RecWell Bike Shop supports a number of organized bike rides throughout the semester. Check our Trips page for the next scheduled ride.