1. All undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in any department or college of the University and current faculty and staff members shall be eligible to enjoy all intramural privileges and shall retain that status until they withdraw, or graduate, take a leave of absence, or fail to comply with eligibility rules or other guidelines.
2. Alumni, University Affiliates, and Shady Grove students are not eligible for any division.
3. Only players who can show their valid PHOTO UMD-ID are eligible to play.
1. Game time is forfeit time. Any team that forfeits will receive a “0” sportsmanship rating and will not be eligible for playoffs.
2. Team: A team must have 4 players to avoid a forfeit, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper. However, a team may play with as many as 5 players. A team must have 3 players to finish the match. Substitutions will be done on the fly (all players but the goalkeeper enter and leave as they please; goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with a referee's consent).
3. Captains: Captains are the only spokesman for the team. The captain should attend the preseason meeting and communicate all policies and scheduling information with teammates.
4. Player Equipment: All players are recommended to wear shin guards. Footwear (including cleats) must have rubber soles. Jerseys and futsal balls will be provided by the Intramural Office.
5. Jewelry: PLAYERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR JEWELRY. (EYEBROW RINGS, WATCHES, NECKLACES, EARRINGS, ETC.) COVERING THE ITEM WITH TAPE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, AS IT DOES NOT PREVENT THE POSSIBILITY OF INJURY.
1. Duration: Two equal periods of 12 minutes; running clock. Time can be prolonged only to take a penalty kick. Clock may be stopped only at official’s discretion.
2. Time-outs: 1 per team per half; none in extra time
3. Half-time: Maximum of 2 minutes
1. Coin toss followed by kickoff; opposing team must be five yards from the ball. The ball is deemed in play once it has traveled the distance of its own circumference. Kicker shall not touch ball two consecutive times to begin the game. Ensuing kickoffs are taken after goals and at the start of the second half.
2. Ball in and out of Play
- Ball out of play: When it has wholly crossed the goal line or wall; when the game has been stopped by a referee; restart for ball out of play: kick-in from that point).
- Lines: Walls and goal lines are considered inside the playing area.
3. Method of Scoring: When the whole of the ball has passed over the goal line, between the goal posts and under the crossbar (except by illegal means).
4. A player that receives a yellow card must sit out for 2 minutes, creating a power play for the opposing team. The yellow carded player may re-enter the game before the 2 minutes has expired if the opposing team scores a goal. If the yellow card is issued with less than two minutes remaining in the 1st half, the 2 minute power play period will carry over into the 2nd half.
5. Players are NOT allowed to SLIDE TACKLE.
· Must wear a different color shirt or jersey then his/her own team and the opposing team.
· Must attempt to make a save with their hands or body coming out first. They may not slide out with their feet to make a save.
May not throw or punt the ball past the midfield line.