ALL GAMES WILL BE SELF-OFFICIATED. Questions of judgment must be mediated by the two teams involved. A double forfeit will be recorded for any games that cannot be completed due to continued disagreement between the teams.
1. Members of the Varsity & Junior Varsity Basketball Teams are NOT eligible to participate in Intramural 3on3 Basketball.
2. Game Length: The first team to 15 (win by 2, 20 point cap) wins.
3. GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME!
4. Time Outs: One per team per game - duration 30 seconds in length.
5. All games are self-officiated. The two teams involved should mediate questions of judgment. If teams or players cannot agree on the validity of the foul then the player “contesting the call” will shoot a free throw. If the free throw is made the foul is nullified and that team will get the ball. If the free throw is missed the foul shall stand and the “fouled” team shall retain possession.
6. 3 on 3 basketball is a half-court game played by 2 teams of three with a maximum of 5 per roster (Fraternity teams may have 6, but one player may only be the captain/chair). Teams MUST have at least two people to start a game.
7. Substitutions. Substitutions may be made after a basket or any stoppage of play.
8. Coin Toss. The team listed first on the scoresheet shall "shoot for ball" from anywhere beyond the three point arc.
9. The possession changes after each basket (this is NOT make it, take it).
10. The “Check Line” is determined by the three point arc. The ball must be beyond the arch at the beginning of each half.
11. On defensive rebounds (including air balls) and steals, the ball must be passed or dribbled beyond the arc. The ball does not need to be given to a different player. As long as the ball goes beyond the arc, there are no limitations on who can shoot it.
12. The Three Point Shot is in affect and 2 points will be awarded for a shot made behind the arc and 1 point for any shot made on or within the arc.
13. If the ball is knocked out of bounds or goes across the mid court line it shall be awarded to the opposing team (the team that did not knock it out).
14. Alternating possession on all jump ball situations will be in effect.
15. The offensive team must “pass the ball in” before a shot is attempted (make one pass before a shot is taken).
16. Out-Of-Bounds. If the ball goes out-of-bounds the offensive team must check the ball with the defensive team at the top of the key.
Updated September 2015